Armenia - Monastery of Geghard and the Upper Azat Valley

"The monastery of Geghard contains a number of churches and tombs, most of them cut into the rock, which illustrate the very peak of Armenian medieval architecture. The complex of medieval buildings is set into a landscape of great natural beauty, surrounded by towering cliffs at the entrance to the Azat Valley." 

Source: UNESCO World Heritage

Postcard 1
Geghard Monastery 12th-13th century. Thanks to Luca of Italy.






Postcard 2
Geghard Monastery - the cupola of the main church. Thanks to Julie of USA.

2 comments:

  1. Armenia, lovely country, my an ethnic Homeland.
    Love you for your mountains, your climate, your churches and castles, for cuisine, for hospitality...always miss You!
    I hope, that one day I got an opportunite to recieve Armenian card.

    P.s. Sorry for my mistakes, my English is pure(

    Gaya #7

    ReplyDelete