Vietnam - My Son Sanctuary

"Between the 4th and 13th centuries a unique culture which owed its spiritual origins to Indian Hinduism developed on the coast of contemporary Viet Nam. This is graphically illustrated by the remains of a series of impressive tower-temples located in a dramatic site that was the religious and political capital of the Champa Kingdom for most of its existence.” 

Source: UNESCO World Heritage

Postcard 1
Thanks to Jo who is working in Vietnam.







Postcard 2
Tourists viewing My Son. Thanks to YL who visited Vietnam. Took this postcard with me to Vietnam when I visited My Son and had it cancelled with a My Son themed stamp in October 2018.





Postcard 3
Shaped postcard of My Son. I visited My Son in October 2018.






Postcard 4
Took a half day trip from Hoi-An to visit My Son. Postcard was bought in Hoi-An and cancelled at Hoi-An using My Son stamps that I bought in a souvenir shop. The post office at My Son entrance was locked and closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment