Germany - Speyer Cathedral

"Speyer Cathedral, a basilica with four towers and two domes, was founded by Conrad II in 1030 and remodelled at the end of the 11th century. It is one of the most important Romanesque monuments from the time of the Holy Roman Empire. The cathedral was the burial place of the German emperors for almost 300 years." 

Source: UNESCO World Heritage

Postcard 1
I visited Speyer, Germany and mailed this postcard to myself in April 2015 to my Germany address at Bad Soden, Germany.



Postcard 2
Speyer Cathedral from Germany. Thanks to YL who visited Speyer in 2013.






Postcard 3
Emperor's and St. Mary's Cathedral, Speyer, Germany. Thanks to YL and family. Mailed on July 4, 2012 and arrived in Penang on July 11, 2012.




Postcard 4 - Kaiserdom zu Speyer
One of the most important cathedrals of Holy Roman Empire. A UNESCO for sure. Thanks Ingrid of Germany - mailed in 2007 with a postage label.






Postcard 5
Aerial view of Speyer Cathedral. Thanks to Heike of Germany in 2015.





Postcard 6
View of Speyer Cathedral from Rhine River. I bought this postcard in Speyer in April 2015.




Postcard 7
Der Kaiserdom zu Speyer 1030-1061 AD. I bought this postcard at Speyer.




Postcard 8
View of Speyer Cathedral from Stadthaus. I bought this postcard at Speyer.




Postcard 9
Interior of Speyer Cathedral, looking east - I bought this postcard here.




Postcard 10
Vaulted crypt of the Speyer Cathedral with grave crown of Kaiser Konrad II. I bought this postcard at Speyer Cathedral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment