USA - Statue of Liberty

"Made in Paris by the French sculptor Bartholdi, in collaboration with Gustave Eiffel (who was responsible for the steel framework), this towering monument to liberty was a gift from France on the centenary of American independence in 1886. Standing at the entrance to New York Harbour, it has welcomed millions of immigrants to the United States ever since." 

Source: UNESCO World Heritage

Postcard 1
I visted the Statue of Liberty, climbed under the skirt and viewed through the crown on the top. Nice postcard sent using stamps of the Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson. Thanks to Jennefer.






Postcard 2
Aerial view of Liberty Island with Statue of Liberty. Thanks to Toni who was visiting USA.





Postcard 3
Statue of Liberty welcoming visitors coming to New York, USA by sea. Thanks to Robin of New Jersey, USA. Received in July 2018.






Postcard 4
Visited Statue of Liberty Island on May 25, 2019. Cancelled these special chops as it is a US National Monument. It is my second visit but it is still awe inspiring.





Postcard 4
The crown and torch of the Statue of Liberty. In my first trip here, many years ago, I climbed inside the statue up to the crown to view out. In this second trip, we just circled around the statue on the island.






Postcard 5
Nice top section shaped postcard that I bought in the gift shop in the Liberty Island for my collection.





Postcard 6
Another postcard that I cancel at Liberty Island in 2019.


Postcard 7


Postcard 8

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I visited the Statue of Liberty as a class trip during 8th grade in... April of 2000, I think. We didn't have TOO much time there, so there were 2 options for what we could do: (1) explore the base, get food, relax, and go to the gift shop before going back home, or (2) quickly get in line to go up to the crown, walk allllll the way up, look out for a few minutes, then walk allllll the way down and run to meet up with the group and go home. Needless to say, as a 14-year old, I chose option 1. Out of our entire 8th grade class (>100 students), less than 10 went to the top. I sometimes wish now that I had gone up, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it at the time. But I don't live TOO far away, so I do want to go back there someday soon. And since it has reopened since 9/11, I can finally get my chance of looking out of the crown! :] My grandmother likes to brag about how when she was a little girl, she climbed up to the TORCH!!! Of course, all she remembers is that it was REALLY hot and the staircase was narrow, and on the way up she was worried the very large person in front of her was going to pass out and fall and crush her, haha. But it's still neat for her to be able to say she climbed up there, since it has not been allowed for many years. ~Katie :] (ilove2smile on the Postcrossing Forum)

    ReplyDelete