The Grand Canal has 10 main sections of ancient artificial waterways. The nominated serial
property is made up of 31 individual properties, corresponding to a little over 1,000 km of navigable
waterways, most of which are still filled with water, but some of which are today archaeological sites. Together they represent a total of 85 major heritage items, consisting of 27 canal sections and 58 cultural heritage sites on the Grand Canal.
The properties are as follows:
1) Tonghui Canal (Beijing):
- Old Beijing City - Tongzhou
2) Bei Canal (Tianjin):
3) Nan Canal (Hebei, Shandong):
4) Huitong Canal (Shandong):
- Linqing - Yanggu complex - Nanwang Complex - Weishan
5) Zhong Canal (Shandong, Jiangsu):
- Taierzhuang - Suqian
6) Huaiyang Canal (or Li Canal) (Jiangsu):
- Qingkou site near Huai’an - Caoyun Governor’s Mansion - Yangzhou region
7) Jiangnan Canal (Jiangsu, Zhejiang):
- Changzhou City - Wuxi City - Suzhou - Jiaxing-Hangzhou region - Nanxun
8) Zhedong Canal (Zhejiang):
- Hangzhou Xiaoshan-Shaoxing - Shangyu-Yuyao - Ningbo - Ningbo Sanjiangkou.
9) Tongji Canal (Henan, Anhui):
- Hanjia - Huiluo- Zhengzhou - Shangqiu Nanguan - Shangqiu Xiayi- Liuzi - Si
10) Wei Canal (or Yongji Canal) (Henan):
- Hua and Xun - Liyang
Source: UNESCO World Heritage
Postcard 1 - HUAIYANG CANAL (Yangzhou - Jiangsu)
Slender West Lake of Yangzhou, Jiangzhu. A fine day after snow in early spring of Twenty four Bridge Scenic Zone. Thanks to Wang of Jiangsu, China who visited here.
Postcard 2 - HUAIYANG CANAL (Yangzhou - Jiangsu)Wenfeng Tower at Yangzhou.
Postcard 3 - HUAIYANG CANAL (Jiangsu)Huaian in Jiangsu.
Postcard 4- JIANGNAN CANAL (Hangzhou - Zhejiang)
Gong Chen Bridge, Jiaxing-Hangzhou region, Jiangnan Canal. I bought this maxicard in Shanghai in November 2011. I bought this maxicard in Shanghai in Novembe 2011.
Postcard 5 - TONGHUI CANAL (Jiangsu)Zhenguosi Tower on the island of Gaoyou City, Jiangsu..
Postcard 6 - TONGHUI CANAL (Beijing)Lotus Lantern Stupa at Tongzhou, Beijing - at the northern starting point of the Grand Canal.
Postcard 7 - BEI CANAL (Tianjin)Tian Hou Guan of Tianjin Bei Canal.
Postcard 8 - NAN CANAL (Shandong)Shan Shan Assembly Hall in Liao Cheng, Shandong.
Postcard 9 - SuzhouThanks to Phoebe of Hong Kong.