There are a total of 33 sites listed which are 25 archaelogical sites; 3 historical buildings; 1 tomb; 4 cave temples. Plus two which are already inscribed UNESCO World Heritage (Longmen grottoes and Magao Caves).
CHINA - CENTRAL CHINA
- Luoyang City, Eastern Han-Northern Wei Dynasty (1st – 6th AD) (Luoyang, Henan)
- Dingding Gate, Luoyang City, Sui -Tang Dynasties (Luoyang, Hena)
- Longmen grottoes (already inscribed on the World Heritage list) - have postcard
- Han’gu pass (Henan)
- Shihao section of Xiaohan route (Henan)
- Weiyang Palace, Chang’an City, Western Han Dynasty (2nd BC – 1st AD) (Xian)
- Daming Palace, Chang’an City, Tang Dynasty (7th -10th AD) (Xian)
- Great Wild Goose Pagoda (Xian)
- Small Wild Goose Pagoda (Xian)
- Xingjiaosi Pagodas (Xian)
- Bin county cave temple (Shaanxi)
- Zhang Qian tomb (Shaanxi)
- Maijishan cave temple complex - have postcard
CHINA - HOSI CORRIDOR
- Bingling cave temple complex (Gansu)
- Xuanquan posthouse (Gansu)
- Suoyang city (Gansu)
- Mogao caves (already inscribed on the World Heritage List) - have postcard
- Yumen pass (Gansu)
CHINA - NORTH, SOUTH TIANSHAN MOUNTAINS
- Qocho City (Turpan, Xinjiang)
- Yar City Site of Bashbaliq City (Turpan, Xinjiang)
- Kizil cave temple (Jimshar, Xinjiang)
- Subash Buddhist temple (Kuqa, Xinjiang)
- Kizilgaha Beacon tower (Kuqa, Xinjiang)
- Bachbaliq city (Kuqa, Xinjiang)
KAZAKHSTAN - ZHETYSU REGION
- Kayalyk (Almaty Province)
- Talgar (Almaty Province)
- Karamergen (Almaty Province)
- Aktobe (Jambyl Province)
- Kulan (Jambyl Province)
- Ornek (Jambyl Province)
- Kostobe (Jambyl Province)
- Akyrtas (Jambyl Province)
KYRGZSTAN - ZHETSYU REGION
- Suyab (Site of Ak-Beshim) (Chuy Province)
- City of Balasagun (Site of Burana) - have postcard
- City of Nevaket (Site of Krasnaya Rechka) (Chuy Province)
Source: UNESCO World Heritage
KYEGYZSTAN - BURANAPostcard 1
Burana Tower, a surviving remnant of ancient city of Balasagun, on a clear day with majestic view of Kyrgyz Alatau mountains. Thanks to DAO of United Kingdom who visited Kyrgzstan.
CHINA - YUMEN PASS, GANSUPostcard 1
Yumen Pass in Gansu. Nice Silk Road stamps with special cancellation. Thanks to Wu of China.
CHINA - MAJISHAN CAVE TEMPLE COMPLEX, GANSUMajishan Cave Temple Complex, Gansu, China. I bought these two Maji-shan postcards in Shanghai in November 2011.
CHINA - LONGMEN GROTTOES, HENANPostcard 3A
The first postcard is from the postcard set of World Heritages of China that I bought in Beijing - Longmen Grottoes.
CHINA - MOGAO CAVES. GANSUPostcard 4A
Mogao Caves of Dunhuang, Gansu is one of China's UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Beautiful cave paintings. Very nice island and butterfly stamps used. Postage was surface mail. Thanks so much to Xingshan of Zhongshan, China.
Postcard 4BPostcard of Dunhuang Mogao Grottoes which was bought in Beijing, China.
Mogao Grottoes in Dunhuang, Gansu. I bought this postcard in China.
Postcard 5 - Big Wild Goose Pagoda, XianBig Wild Goose Pagoda in Xian. I climbed the stairs to the top of the tower when I visited Xian. Thanks to aeronest of China.
Postcard 6 - Small Wild Goose Pagoda, XianSmall Wild Goose Pagoda in Xian, China. Thanks to JC Li of China. Xie xie.